Thursday, September 4, 2008

Motownphilly Back Again...

I'm not a huge R&B fan (in fact, I usually compare R&B music to the sound of nails on a chalkboard), but when Boys II Men rolled through Utah we were simply obligated to go. The cheap price and close proximity were the major selling points of the concert, and I must admit that I attended the concert without any real expectations. My lukewarm attitude was immediately blasted out of the water when Boys II Men walked onto the stage and started dancing in perfectly choreographed unison, while simultaneously singing ALL of their old classics along with a bunch of Motown hits. I surprised even myself by knowing all the words to every single song and I ended up having SO much fun!

Boys II Men 01

We all crammed onto a couple of blankets in the grassy area of the stadium because the concert was completely sold out and incredibly crowded.

Boys II Men 02

Kristen and I joined an outreach program and volunteered to take these mentally handicapped boys out on dates:Boys II Men 03
We are hoping to get some kind of tax deduction for our charitable works.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Well I hope you get a tax deduction for your good deeds. :) Looks like you had fun!!!

crazy4danes said...

Glad you got to write off the event! LOL....sounds like a crazy good time. :P

Matt & Brooke said...

Stake Dance flashbacks :)

Courtney said...

Ummmm....so....yeah. I think you deserve more than just a tax write-off for taking care of those boys. Seriously. And I agree with Brooke - Boys to Men will always remind me of the Aloha Dance in 9th grade. Very strange deja vu!!

WeBeR FaM said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That is pretty sweet that Boys 2 Men came to Utah!

Jessica said...

B2M was one of the first CDs I ever bought!! Not really my style (then or now) but I only had about 3 CDs in my whole collection so I just listened to them over and over and loved them! :)