Friday, May 2, 2008

Here Comes the Sun...

Just like the Beatles said, it's been a long, cold, lonely winter. Well, maybe it hasn't exactly been lonely, but it has definitely been LONG and COLD! Let's hope that the sun decides to stick around this time. I have had enough freezing weather to last me a lifetime!

I finally finished the misery of last semester and I feel like I can breathe again. It's nice to actually have time for trivial things like sleeping and eating. This summer won't exactly be easy -- I'm working on a research project and taking a prep course for the GRE -- but I'm sure the next few months will be a vast improvement from last semester.

My family came out to Utah for my graduation, which I know was long overdue. It was so nice to spend some time with my parents and Courtney, although it wasn't the same without Shannon with us. As always, we spent a lot of time eating and shopping...two of my favorite things to do!

Graduation 01

Graduation 02

Graduation 03

I must admit that I'm going through beach withdrawals, especially now that summertime is just over the horizon. San Diego is calling my name!

7 comments:

crazy4danes said...

Congrats on your graduation! I totally feel you on missing the beach!!! Not to mention my mom and brothers are all out there right now on vacation without me! :P Well enjoy your summer and I hope you get to the beach soon! :)

Kristen said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! It will be so fun to hang out this summer! Let's plan lots of fun stuff.

ChelMo said...

Congrats! That's wonderful!!!

The UnMighty said...

Do you hear any other cities calling your name, or just San Diego?

A said...

Hi Blythe,
It's Angela (Sudweeks).
I can't believe it's you! I feel like I haven't seen you forever! I got your address from Hilary. Congrats with school. Sounds like everythings great! What are your plans now? Keep in touch. Love Angela

Salt H2O said...

oh so jealous! San Diego....

btw- I think I know your boyfriend, or a brother of his, or someone who looks A LOT like him.

Shelby, Korri & Co. said...

Hey Blythe,
It's so good to hear from you. Congrats on graduating!!! So it's back to San Diego huh? Don't go too soon, we are coming into town around the end of the month and it would be fun to get together. We might have an extended stay too so I might have time give Easton flying lessons. You'll of course have to come :)- Shelby