Friday, October 3, 2008

Monkey Wrench

Last weekend Easton and I went on a little getaway trip to Las Vegas to take a break from our hectic schedules in Utah. Easton needed to pick up some Hobie Cat sailboats he bought on ebay while we were down there, but I must admit that my personal motivation for our Vegas jaunt was a Foo Fighters concert at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this concert. That's right, I said awesomeness...you're allowed to make up words when nothing in the dictionary will suffice. The venue was really small and we ended up standing SO close to the stage. If it weren't for the big bouncers who insisted on getting in the way, we probably could have reached out and grabbed Dave Grohl...and I seriously considered doing so every time Dave rocked out with his guitar.

VegasSept2008 01

This Foo Fighters concert was absolutely one of the best concerts I have ever been to! Dave put on such an incredible show and drummer Taylor Hawkins performed a mind-blowing drum solo. I had whiplash for at least three days after the concert because I was jumping around so much! I ended up missing my high school reunion because I opted for the concert, and I can easily say that it was one hundred percent worth it. I'm sure I would have really enjoyed seeing all of the people from high school again...but they'll just never be as rad as Dave Grohl.

VegasSept2008 02 VegasSept2008 03

Our next order of business in Vegas was to pick up the two Hobie Cats that Easton and Ty had bought on ebay. The seller lived in Bullhead City, Arizona, which was about an hour away from Las Vegas. Our visit to Bullhead City was interesting, to say the very least. The whole city seemed to consist of trailer parks, and we spent hours in the 106 degree heat getting the sailboats and trailers ready to travel. By the time we got the boats back to Vegas I was totally sunburned, my hair was stuck to my face, and I felt like I had run a marathon.

VegasSept2008 04 VegasSept2008 05

If you ever take the time to admire the view of Utah Lake and you happen to see a lightning-fast blur out on the water, it will probably be Easton on one of these bad boys:

VegasSept2008 06

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Well, I'm glad that you said ONE of the best concerts you have ever been to.....since I wasn't at this one with you, and I thought that our trip to see STP had a large degree of "awesomeness" myself! So, are you going to join Easton out on Utah Lake? ;o)

Unknown said...

Of course she will be out there rockin' the boat and probably whining that her hair is getting wet from all the wicked fast spray...

Jessica said...

You're one of those people who has such a cool life that you actually had something better to do than your high school reunion- probably a lot of other losers stayed home and HOPED that's what people thought they were doing...

:)

crazy4danes said...

What a totally fun trip! Have fun with those bad boys out on the lake! LOL :P