Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oktoberfest

My roommates and I went up to Snowbird a couple of weeks ago to celebrate Amanda's birthday and we were lucky enough to be there during Oktoberfest! There were people running around everywhere in lederhosen, and we were surrounded by German music, food, and big beer steins.

Snowbird 01

We had so much fun riding the mechanical bull, the alpine slide, and the zipline, along with all of the other fun outdoor activities in Snowbird.

Snowbird 02

Snowbird 03Snowbird 04

This is what happens when you lie about your weight to get stronger bungee cords so that you'll bounce higher on the trampolines:Snowbird 05 I kept flying all over the place when I would do a flip on the trampoline and then I'd get stuck up high where my feet couldn't reach the tramp. The attendant kept having to lower me down so that I could start jumping again, and the whole time he had this suspicious look on his face like he knew I had been dishonest.

We took the tram up to the top of the mountain and the scenery was absolutely beautiful! We had to start our descent back down the mountain sooner than planned because of a lightning and thunder storm that spoiled our fun, and the tram ended up getting stuck halfway down the mountain. The storm was raging all around us while we dangled in our little steel box, and it is never a good sign when the operator tells you not to touch the metal sides of the tram in case it gets struck by lightning. Yikes.

Snowbird 06

We did eventually make it back down the mountain, but my hair was sticking straight up from all the static. I had no idea that Snowbird was so much fun during the off-season! I highly recommend heading up there before all the Oktoberfest merrymaking is over!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!

Matt & Brooke said...

I've always wanted to do the bull riding! Fun!

Courtney said...

So, while you were riding the bull, did you rip your blouse open and scream in a show of female liberation? I do hope so. Wish I could have been there to play with you!

Jessica said...

Scary about the lightning! Glad you weren't zapped to a pulp!! :)

Sam and James said...

All I have to say is, "Court you rude tart!" Should you even ask such a question? Of course she did!
love you both,

Unknown said...

giddy up babes!

crazy4danes said...

WOW! Look at you go on that bull! :D

We LOVE Octoberfest and this actually was the first year in 6 years that we didn't make it up! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves!!!

Holly said...

What a fun time! Courtney's comment made me laugh!!! What a wild woman:o)