Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

The Holidays were pretty mellow for me this year, but I have absolutely no complaints about skipping the craziness that usually accompanies Christmas and the New Year. It was so nice to spend some time just relaxing with family and friends! I'm so sad that it's all over...in fact, I'm in complete denial and I haven't stopped listening to Christmas music yet.

Christmas 2008

I spent New Year's Eve in Seattle and had so much fun, even though it was freezing up there! In fact, I almost couldn't make it back to San Diego because my airplane was stuck in the snow. The plane had to be de-iced twice and then tugged away from the gate before we could finally take off amidst a blizzard of snow. Thank goodness for dramamine, because the contents of my stomach were dying to make a reappearance during all of the turbulence.

Here we are sipping cider during the final countdown to 2009!NewYear's2008

I haven't ever been very good at keeping New Year's resolutions...so perhaps my first resolution should be to work on following through with this year's goals! That being said, my New Year's resolutions for 2009 include, but are not limited to:

1. Hopefully get accepted to grad schools and decide where I want to do my master's program.
2. Exercise at least a couple days a week...which will be a huge step up from my current frequency of NEVER.
3. Take better care of myself so that I don't get sick so often.
4. Find a job in the psychology field until school starts in the fall...and avoid being swallowed by the country's "financial crisis" in the meantime.
5. Learn to play the guitar! I bought a guitar years ago but I have never actually committed myself to taking lessons and learning how to play. Hopefully by this time next year I will be posting a video of myself playing a Ramones song to exhibit my sweet new guitar skills.
6. Be happy!

I hope that 2009 brings you an abundance of health, love, and laughter! Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Sam and James said...

Happy New Year to you, we are now safely home we arrived yesterday. Despite being summer over here we spent the time freezing along the great ocean road... you will need to check out the photos on our blog. love to all.

Jessica said...

What were you doing in Seattle? That's not too far from me!! :)

Courtney said...

I missed you on New Year's Eve, but I'm glad you had fun with Easton! Love the goals, by the way. Maybe I'll join you in the exercising one - yeah, like that'll actually happen - I'm the laziest person on the face of the earth.

Matt & Brooke said...

Are you still in S.D...i can't believe we haven't met up!!! so lame!

Unknown said...

Did that picture add about 20lbs to me or what?? That's a great set of goals sweets... i'm really excited to hear you serenade me with your talented fingers. Goals 2 and 3 could probably be combined which would shorten your list! :D

A said...

Happy New Year and good luck with your goals. Don't think I've ever actually followed through either!

A said...

P.S. I wanna fight people like you who never exercise yet have such smokin bodies. Not fair. Whatever.

crazy4danes said...

Great post and I love your resolutions! Stick to them! :)