Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog Visitors

Ever since I added the live traffic feed to my blog page, I have been wondering about the plethora of IP addresses from random locations that visit my blog on a regular basis. I mean…who ARE these people who take the time to type in my blog address and read about the happenings of my life? Family? Friends? Acquaintances? Complete strangers who spend their time blog-stalking? People from my past?

I’ve considered making my blog private many times, but I’m hesitant to block out the family members and friends who seem to be constantly popping up in the blogging world. My blog has therefore remained public, although I still don’t really like the idea of having my posts on display. I am fully aware that the world wide web is a public place where anyone in the world can gain access to your personal information…however, I can’t help but find it strange that I get visitors from places like Malaysia, Brazil, and Thailand. Who are these people?

And more importantly…who is the person in Fort Meyers, Florida who has apparently discovered my blog and keeps coming back on a regular basis? Strangely enough, this person also seems quite interested in my sister Courtney’s blog. I’m fairly certain that I know who this visitor is, and I must admit that I am intrigued. Despite the fact that my blog is extremely enticing and oh-so-delightful, I can’t imagine why this particular person would want to read about my life. I suppose the answer to this puzzle can be summed up by the wise words of Jim Morrison and the Doors when they aptly stated, “People are strange.”

9 comments:

Unknown said...

U R Strange. :D love ya!

Sam and James said...

I'm the stalker from Brisbane but you know and love me!

Jessica said...

I have the exact same thoughts! I have a stranger from Perth, Western Australia that visits every day, as well as many other places around the world I've never heard of or can't pronounce. Of course, you are humble about it and wonder why. I've always figured mine liked to read some good stuff when they see it! lol

Matt & Brooke said...

Oooh, I want to know who Mr. or Mrs. Fort Meyers is....please reveal :)

Holly said...

For awhile we had visitors to our blog from 7 different countries. I found out that they were all looking at the same picture of Micah on our blog and it totally freaked me out! I decided to take our last name out of our blog, and haven't had any "outside" visitors since.
I'm glad I have the "tracker". It's interesting to see who visits:o)

Sam and James said...

Me again, just saw your message on my blog ... it's a shame that you miss out on catching up with mum. I'd be over in a flash but our dollar has lost so much it's not worth me leaving the country!
Although I did mention to James I wanted to go on a trip O/S ... he thought I'd go for about 10 days but he got a worried look on his face when I said 6 weeks! heheheh
We could really have some fun!

Courtney said...

Yes, people (or person) are strange - quite strange, in fact. I guess there must not be much else to do in Fort Meyers, Forida, than to blog-stalk shadows of the past. Hmmmmmm.......

Emily said...

I'm with Jessica, I get a visitor from Australia too and I don't know who it is! glad it's public then i can lurk until I meet you and make you a lemon cake :)

Emily Judd said...

WELL I'M THE NEWEST STALKER!!! I just got started in this new blogging world and I am so glad your blog is public! Love ya Blythe
Emily White Judd