Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2 Legit 2 Quit

February 27 was a historic night on which a phenomenon swept through Utah. This particular rarity had not occurred on the earth for nearly twenty years, and those of us who were lucky enough to witness it are not likely to forget the experience anytime soon.

The miracle I am referring to goes by a plethora of titles, the most recent of which is “Hammer Pants and Ice”…more commonly known as the MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice flashback concert!

All technicalities aside, these labels are simply euphemisms for “Two washed-up rappers from the early 90’s who must be a little low on funds and therefore want to earn some extra money by putting on a ridiculous concert in Utah.”

MC Hammer & Vanilla Ice

Yes, the concert was ludicrous. Totally absurd. It was also completely and utterly AWESOME! I mean, seriously, how many of you know every single word to “Ice Ice Baby”? I certainly do! And who has participated in a little booty-shaking to “U Can’t Touch This” on countless occasions? I have!

Be honest…at some point in our lives, haven’t we all wanted to roll in a 5.0 with the rag-top down so our hair can blow? And come on…you know you got to pray just to make it today. Oh the nostalgia.

Vanilla Ice MC Hammer

I'll be the first one to admit that the concert was pretty idiotic, but there is no way I would have missed it! We laughed through the whole thing, sang along to every song, and danced until we almost passed out from exhaustion. I quickly learned that just because I was surrounded by music from the early 90’s didn’t mean that I had the same level of endurance that I had in back in 1992.

VanillaIce MCHammer 01VanillaIce MCHammer 02

This is some of the priceless merchandise available at the concert.  Admit it, you are so lusting after the “Word to You Mutha” shirt.VanillaIce MCHammer 03

All in all, I give the concert two thumbs up. I think MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice have officially proven to the world that they really are too legit to quit!

6 comments:

Sam and James said...

all I can say is ... word!

Courtney said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there shakin' my booty (or lack there of) with you!!

A said...

So jealous! Danny and I have been laughing about how fun it would be to go to that ever since we heard they were coming around. We'll just have to live vicariously through you!

Matt & Brooke said...

Dude, you hit up all the good concerts :)

Unknown said...

You're too legit to quit. So fun to kick it to some oldies with ya babes! Love ya.

crazy4danes said...

Word!

Looks like you guys had fun, and I hope you bought some of those rockin' T-Shirts!!! Too cool! ;P