Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I think that Robert Smith from The Cure was talking about me when he wrote the opening lyrics to the song Mint Car:

The sun is up, I’m so happy I could scream!

WHY am I so happy, you may ask? Because I just found out that I was accepted at the University of San Diego and Pepperdine University for my master’s program!

I must be honest…I was a little skeptical about getting accepted into these two schools. I mean…come on…USD and Pepperdine are hard to get into. I applied with high hopes, but I was grateful that I would have San Diego State or Cal State Long Beach waiting in the wings if I needed them. Yet somehow I was lucky enough to be accepted into my top two choices!

I feel so, SO blessed.

So now what do I do?! Which school do I choose? Both schools have amazing programs (and both are unfortunately really expensive). Do I pick USD, which is located in my beloved hometown, has an incredibly beautiful campus, and offers an impressive curriculum with a chance to study abroad? Or do I opt for Pepperdine, a school that also has a remarkable curriculum, a reputation that speaks for itself, and is located right by the beach in Malibu?

PLEASE give me your opinions!

9 comments:

Sam and James said...

That's great news, take the 1st option and you can come over here for a term and stay with us! Just think you'd get great value for your dollar... it would only cost half the amount you'd pay at home.... just half a fortune ...have I convined you?
love ya Ms Smarty Pants.

A said...

I think you should just stay put. I mean, I know we never see you, but just knowing you live in our same state brings comfort . . .

Unknown said...

california stinks, stay in ut ;) love ya

Chris and Hilary said...

Congratulations! That is great! I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Courtney said...

I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you Blythe-O, and SOOOOOOO proud of you!! You are one amazing little chica, and I have no doubt that you will rock the boat no matter which school you choose. FYI, I am screaming with happiness along with you. Love you!

P.S. Pay no attention to the Utah-lovers above - they is craaasey!! California is the place to be.

Jessica Snyder said...

I opt for Pepperdine! I went to college and lawschool right by our hometown. Its good to be by family, but I didn't get any really good exploring in! Both are GREAT schools and in BEAUTIFUL areas- so why not explore a new part of Cali!?

crazy4danes said...

First off congrats!!! Both schools have beautiful campuses...however...being a local...I'm going to HAVE to say USD! It's such a great school and it's beautiful! Good luck on decision making!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats!!! I am about to send you an email on Facebook. :)

Curtis Heyman said...

You got in?!?! That's great news! ALso, I was talking to Easty and we want to go camping ASAP. Once its warm enough, of course.