Monday, February 2, 2009

Viva La Mexico!

A bunch of us went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera last month and it was absolutely incredible! The past few months have been SO stressful and this vacation was the perfect way to purge myself of a mountain of anxiety.

Our first stop was Puerto Vallarta and we spent the majority of our day on a zip-line tour through the jungle. The zip-line course was built around the movie set of “Predator,” so we occasionally had scary alien action figures jumping out of the bushes to startle us. They were lucky that I didn't reflexively pop them with the big steel pulley I was carrying!

Puerto Vallarta 01

Puerto Vallarta 02

Zip-lining was a blast! We all had so much fun and the scenery was unbelievably gorgeous. Our tour guide referred to Easton as “Grande” the whole time, and I won’t deny that everyone looked pretty nervous every time he came flying into each station at warp speed.

Puerto Vallarta 03

After the zip-line tour we spent some time exploring Puerto Vallarta. What a beautiful city! I was so sad when we were forced to get back on the cruise ship later that night.

Puerto Vallarta 04 Puerto Vallarta 05

Our second stop was Mazatlan! We got off the ship at the crack of dawn and made our way to a beautiful beach resort called El Cid. Our day in Mazatlan essentially consisted of eating (I just couldn’t get enough of that Mexican food), boogie boarding, and a lot of sitting around on the beach with my book…which is pretty much my idea of a perfect day!

Mazatlan 01 Mazatlan 02

Our final stop was Cabo San Lucas, and I can safely say that Cabo was my favorite destination. We took a water taxi over to Lover’s Beach, which is the stretch of beach where the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez meet (hence the name). I was completely astounded by the beauty of Lover’s Beach…words can’t even describe it!

Legend has it that if two people go into this little cave…three will come out! Wink wink. Don’t worry, we never actually made it to the cave…although Easton kept trying to lure me in there.Cabo 01

The section of ocean on the Pacific side of the beach was technically off-limits to swimmers because of the extremely powerful waves and currents…which naturally compelled all of the boys to run directly into the water.

They thought they were so rugged…Wave 01

…and too tough to steer clear of restricted water…Wave 02

…until the massive waves got ahold of them…Wave 03

…and gave them the beating of their lives.Wave 04

All the boys ended up with cuts and scrapes all over them, and Ben even popped his eardrum after being slammed into the ocean floor. I’m sure they considered their injuries a small price to pay.

We also had plenty of time for snorkeling, ultimate frisbee, wheelbarrow races, and shopping. I’m such a sucker for the street vendors.

Cabo 02

Cabo 03 Cabo 04

Cabo 05Cabo 06

Cabo 07

Between ports we somehow managed to fill our time on the ship as well…

Cruise Ship 01

Cruise Ship 02

Cruise Ship 03 Cruise Ship 04

Cruise Ship 05

Cruise Ship 06

Cruise Ship 07 Cruise Ship 08

I had so much fun on the cruise and I met lots of new people. I guess we all need a chance to escape reality sometimes, if only for the sake of our own sanity. But I suppose all good things must come to an end…and now I’m just wondering when I’ll get a chance to execute another escape plan!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

that was such an amazing trip baby. i'm so glad we got to go do that. you are so fun to travel with and even better at documenting our trips here on blogger!

Jessica said...

Looks SO fun. We went to Puerta Vallarta on our honeymoon and loved it. I need another vacation!!

Courtney said...

Wow....I wanna do that!! Seriously, how beautiful!! And it looks like you guys had a lot of fun, too. Oh, and PS, if any of those action figures had popped out at me, I probably wouldn't have had enough self-control to not whack them. What are they thinking with that, huh?

Sam and James said...

Sounds like you had a great time, I always love holidays and going away on trips. James and I really must try a cruise some time.
love ya.

Weston and Becky said...

JEALOUS!!! I want to move down there during the Utah winters. So, basically when we get together you are going to be majorly tan and I will look pasty white next to you....GREAT! That's ok, when are we going to get together?

Matt & Brooke said...

I LOVE cruises...so jealous!!! That pic of the guys body surfing is awesome!!!

carrolaz said...

having stumbled across your blog, I would love to know what cruise line you were on, as we have been considering a mexican rivera cruise. Would luv to here

A said...

Jealous, jealous jealous. Jealous of the warm weather, jealous of the fun cruise, and jealous that I never look that cute and skinny. And how come your pics look all different and cool?

A said...

Jk apparently it was my psycho computer making those pics look different. My bad

Courtney said...

Hey! Love the new background!

Sam and James said...

me again, just wondering if you got my email? Love the new background ... you'll have to show me how to do a live traffic feed .. so I can see from all 6 freinds, who reads my blog. I really need more friends.